View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #79
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Hola from San Sebastián (Basque region of Spain)

Slept well last night after a couple of glasses of red, thank you Armand!

Had a nice ride through hectares and hectares of grape vines on the way to St Emillion. From my "expert" eye next year's vintage is going to be a classic

After some nice windy roads found I ended up on the motorway with the GPS telling me 185 km to the next turn :-(

I detoured into Biaritz to see where the beautiful people go to play. Luckily, or unluckily, not the nicest of days for them to be out. It is a nice town though.

Finding where my bnb was in San Sebastián was a bit of a mission. Apologies to those people I held up at the lights, yes I do accept I was in the wrong lane and that you had a green light but my light was still red so I couldn't move (I also missed the turn off to San Sebastián, I had to go an extra 6 kms)

I walked into town and decided to treat myself with a rum and coke. That did cause a few problems when I told the bar man I wanted them both in the SAME glass. Man could he pour the rum, I was afraid there would be no room for the coke. After drinking it I was glad I walked there and didn't need to ride home

Finally as this is a bike site, a couple if pics of bikes I saw in town.

A Gas Gas super motard, check out the slick rear tyre, how much fun would that be in the wet?

Finally a couple of Africa Twins, I went past three coming into town so not sure why so many of them are here?

A day off the bike tomorrow, time to do some chores and get some exercise.

Kiwi Mike
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote