View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #22
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Dubrovnik and journey back home

Dubrovnik is a magnificent town, has to be seen. It is surronded by ancient walls and the city smells history everywhere. It is a very popular place and I realized that when I arrived to town. It turned out to be difficult to find a decent priced place to stay. While driving around under the burning sun and almost giving up and planning to drive outside of town to find a place to stay, I met a friendly croat who is also a biker, he had 3 bikes. He offered me his extra room

The streets of Dubrovnik

The market place

View of the town from top of city walls. Unfortunately, Serbian forces attacked the city during the civil war and you can see the different color between old and renovated roof tiles. The whole town is a world heritage protection area now.

I met two super friendly girls from Ireland during the boat trip from Ancona to Zadar. They were travelling with bus and we decided to meet in Dubrovnik. We had great time in the city.

A nice view from the little harbour of Dubrovnik

Most of the big boats anchor in a small harbour close to Dubrovnik

My good companion TDM resting before the long journey to Sweden. I met couple of Swedish people in this harbour. They were surprised to see a swedish license bike so far from home

I am a scuba diver and heard that there is a german torpedo boat wreck nearby so I decided to make a dive there before I start my long journey back home. The wreck is close to a fantastic small harbour village called Trstenik.

I liked the place so much that I stayed one day extra. I did my dives with friendly diving instructors of Freaky Diving Center (www.freaky-diving.com) The torpedo boat is from WWII. Some pictures from center's website.

Unfortunately, I need to start to drive back home. I drive towards north, pass Slovenia then to Salzburg. Change oil in the Yamaha center and drive north west to Munich, load my bike to autozug (www.autozug.de) and arrive to Hamburg next morning. Then as usual, through Danmark reach Sweden.

It was a great trip, my bike had no problems and I met very nice people during the journey. The next trip was to northern Spain in 2004.

I hope you enjoy my report
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote