View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #92
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 711
Hola from Covarrubias

I had the same problems leaving San Sebastián this morning as I had when I arrived, my GPS and I were not on the same page! It is very hard when the motorway splits in two to really know which one road to follow until you have gone past the turn and check the GPS. Twice this morning where I was riding and where the pink line was going didn't agree!

I took the toll road this morning and what an awesome road it was (yes I know it is not very adventurous and a Gold Wing would have been better suited but I enjoyed it) wow the tunnels! I thought the 1km long tunnel was long, then came a 2km one and then the big daddy 3.5km. The Spanish sure know how to build roads, they either go through or over. However when the toll came to 12 Euros (NZ$20) I decided I had seen enough and turned off.

Couple of pics, more motorways are being built; in the hills behind this monster I could see where more tunnels had been bored.

How cool is this entrance?

And finally Covarrubias, a very old little town with a magnificent church. One of the town walls was built in the 10th century, that is before New Zealand had been "found" by the white man. Can you imagine anything built today still standing in 3014?

Here is the entrance to the town, with KT striking a magnificent pose.

And the old church (Saint Cosme and Saint Damien Collegiate Church) The priest/monk/brother(?) pointed out the highlights to me. The organ was built in the 17th century and it still works!

And finally does this happen to you? You arrive at a 2 story hotel, very quiet and you are possibly at that stage the only guest. You have boots on, helmet, gloves, tank bag, roll bag etc to carry. And the room you are given..... top floor furtherest away from the stairs

Casablanca tomorrow :-)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014

young1 screwed with this post 05-14-2014 at 01:02 PM
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote