View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #95
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Leanne is fortunate that I am able to post this for her to read before she wakes up (she is 10 hours ahead of me here), why? I lost my map of the city that also included the route to take for my 25 minute walk back to the BNB. It became like a big game of memory, but as you can see I made it.

Day started well. It was the sort of day that wasn't too hot or cold, ear plugs were comfy and working, full tank of gas, clean visor, no traffic and a brilliant windy country road to cruise along, taking in the scenery, at about 70km/hr. Just awesome.

Pictures, this old bridge had an old mill and water race alongside (typical as soon as I got off the bike the first car in ages arrived..)

I hate to report this but forget about what the girls say, size is important. Here is proof, with what this bird has he has managed to get two chicks (the second ducked down when it saw the camera)

I stopped for a drink in a neat little town look how skinny the roads are!

Salamanca is awesome. The old town is centred around the grand square and all around are cathedrals, churches, centuries old buildings. It is a university town so has that buzz it that students bring. The university uses many of the old buildings in its campus.

The square, unfortunately it had temporary buildings in it for a university book fair

This is the cathedral, the size of this was impressive. How they managed to build these centuries ago is beyond me. What was funny - there was a cheaper entry fee for the unemployed, maybe I should have tried to go in paying that one!

They say you can pick a good Tapas bar by all the napkins on the floor, this must be a good one then, look below the bar

About 400kms tomorrow to Evora in Portugal. Spare some thought for Leanne who starts a 36 hour trip to Lisbon after a day at work. It is going to be AWESOME to see her (just hope she doesn't bring to much lol)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014

young1 screwed with this post 05-15-2014 at 01:16 PM
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote