View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #98
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
It ain't half hot mum!

Maybe an early taste of Morocco, today got hotter the closer I got to Portugal.

Salamanca is such a beautiful city, I hope to return one day.

My route out of Salamanca was great, went through some small towns. Dropping down to this one there was some nice sharp first gear corners to wobble around.

This is looking back across the plain I was crossing heading to the border.

And into Portugal, I now have to cope with another language (or the locals have to cope with my "Kiwi English)

Tonight I am in the small town of Evora, it is a UNESCO world heritage site. Don't worry I won't bore you with details of cathedrals etc but thought you might like São Francisco Convent, and the Chapel of Bones.

And to celebrate a new country I have to try the local product so a nice glass of red (cordial mum!).

Apart from Leanne arriving tomorrow there is possibly another treat in store. If it eventuates I will report all tomorrow!

And by the way thank you to family and friends who got in touch with Leanne this week to wish her well :-)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.
H Jackson Brown

young1 screwed with this post 05-16-2014 at 12:20 PM
young1 is online now   Reply With Quote