View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
nadredrum OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Thursday the clouds were still hanging around when I got up, but I tossed the rain gear on just incase. I headed north to the local motorcycle dealership Mountain Motors to get a lighter pair of riding gloves as I had forgot my warm weather gloves. Sitting at the intersection waiting to turn to go up the hill to the dealer I hear some loud clanging and banging just behind me. Turns out that the construction company that was working on the road that went up the hill had just had a large equipment hauling trailer come unhooked from a truck, roll down the side of the hill across six lanes and into the ditch . Amazingly it managed to not hit anyone, but the guy in the semi sitting next to me rolled down the window and ask if I had seen that too.
Next I was off to find a spot to camp, I picked the Elkmont campground which is on the road that takes you to Cades Cove. I got a nice spot right on the river, and found out that the black bears had started making their way down from higher elevations, I actually saw two full grown and two cubs less than an half mile from my tent.

nadredrum is offline   Reply With Quote