View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #99
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 682
Important AND Big news today

First the most important news, to me anyway, Leanne has arrived so we can now share the next 8 weeks of this adventure together.

And now the big news. This is where I spent 5 hours this afternoon

There were three different options from; riding on the road (they had the full range of bikes to choose from), track experience or off road coaching and riding.

So I still can't believe that I ended up astride a BMW 1000 weapon heading down pit straight! What a scary, exciting time. These bikes are so fast, their brakes are so good I think my eyeballs hit my visor when I first applied them. As my friends from home will confirm I am no road rider. If I was meant to find any apexes on the track, well I would still be out there looking. Anyway enough, here is the proof (check out the other bikes that were available)

And if anyone who was there today is reading this, no I wasn't swerving to warm the tires up as I left pit lane - that was my customary wobble....

Here is the off road school, this is Carlos on a brand new GS taking his group through the basics, man could he ride that well. We are staying with Carlos and Catarina in Lisbon, awesome couple.

These are some of the bikes available for the road ride.

Various suppliers also had stall including Touratech, BMW apparel etc.

BMW did it so well, right from the check in procedures, the free lunch / juice / coffee etc, the bike options and even to when we were leaving the bike wash people turned up to groom all of the bikes for tomorrow.

And finally some eye candy from my lunch stop in Estoril

Isn't that just gorgeous.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote