View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #353
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,353
We run a leg of the "warmup loop" for a mile or so. Steep hills, rocks, mud, and a red clay rutted hill climb that makes me consider turning around, but we all make it. i wish I had my go pro on!!!

Soon we get to an intersection where there are signs... As I catch up to the group, Marcus says he knew I was cussing him at the red clay hill climb!!!

So we try to figure out where we are and the shortest way to get me out of here!!!

We had done half of the yellow "warmup loop" and didn't know what lay ahead. So Bob and Marcus ran what we thought was the other side of the yellow loop to see if it was any better than the route we cam in on... The whole place was over 27 miles and I sure didn't want to commit to that!!!
Marcus soon returned up the way we came and asked if I wanted the good news or the bad news...

Good news: Either trail (one one came in on or the other fork) led back to entrance.

Bad news: Both ways had to cross the creek again and get up that steep, washed out concrete ramp.

He said the way we came in had more mud and the other leg had more water breaks / berms and some are steep!!! I chose the water breaks and steap berms over the mud!

We just did the little loop where the 26 is...

I never got a pic on the way out cause the whoops never gave me a place to stop and take one and I sure didn't want to ride with one hand!!!

Made it back across the creek by climbing the little cut besides the concrete...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote