View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #355
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,325
Eventually we get back to Byrd's and the kegs are flowing and the ADV Annual Rally banner is on display for inmates to sign the back... And Tomski is in the middle of it all!!

Again, here is Tomski in the background and out new buddy from Hattiesburg in the for ground...

So we eat our supper, head back to camp area, and circle around a fire... Jokes are told, laughs are had, and all of a sudden the rain hits and everyone dives for cover... Next morning I realize my tent isn't as waterproof as it once was, and soon learn DavidQ fared ever worse. His tent ended in a low spot and one corner had a good bit of water, which soon soaked up into the sleeping bag. So instead of sunny, partly cloudy, lows in 50's, highs in 70's... we are getting low 40's, rain, wind, etc.

So after a few hours, there is no sign of sun and a forecast for more rain Sunday morning... No chance for our wet camp gear to dry out. So DQ and I are leaning towards heading home early to avoid driving home in the rain like we did leaving the HillBilly Dualsport ride in Eureka Springs a few weeks back... Oh, and BaBarnett, another local MS rider, showed up last night, and he appears to have seen the same weather forecast we did and did not bring much in the way of warm clothes. So I inform him of DQ and I thinking of heading home a day early and he decides to join us.

So here is BABS on his Versys following us home...

We start south and pass through a small town where I see this hauler on the side of the road...

We are still under clouds and it is still quite cool...

We are hoping to get south of the storm before it hits and keep pushing south.

We are heading south towards Magazine Mountain to at least get to ride some fun twisties on the way home...

I generally love to cut across Mount Magazine, but we ran into a unsuspected twist this time...

i soon barely see DQ ahead of me, and no sign of BABS behind me..

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote