View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #356
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,422

We finally break out of the fog / cloud and head on down the mountain...

Since we are cool and a bit damp, and tired, we take a leisurely pace down the backside...

After a break for gas station food, we head on down Scenic 7 back towards Hot Springs.

DQ and I had never checked out the Nimrod Dam, so we decided to take a Dam Detour for a Dam Break.

DQ goes on into the park while I wait for Nimrod, I mean Babs to arrive to make the turn. And here he comes. Surely he will see me stopped at a turn off and stop...

And maybe not...

Guess I've ridden cross country with DQ enough that we think alike and have our travel patterns and signals down... Maybe I should teach them to Babs...

So I turn into the park to catch up to DQ and Babs heads on down the highway. Meanwhile, I go check out the Dam Park and the scenic Dam views..

With all the rain we had in the last 24 hours, I guess they opened the dam valves up...

After the Dam Detour, we head back south on the road to catch up to Babs and soon pass him headed back north apparently looking for us. So when we get down near Hot Springs Village we pull over to let him catch up.

Back together and moving on

SO we head back through the Gorge

Magic Springs!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote