View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #170
radianrider OP
Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer: 445
Good to hear from you, Ken. Think you nailed it about the connection to certain bikes.

Feeling really fortunate to have the SV. I know most jobs have a sense of ebb and flow to them and for mine--the end of the semester is crazy. Lots of stress and drama as the school year ends and seniors go looking for the "real world."

At any rate, for better or worse, the semester is over. I'm not teaching a summer course for the first time since '93. Once my son graduates in a couple of days and the open house hoopla is over there should be more time to ride.

I've been out a couple of times in the last few days, but no pictures. My point-n-shoot has an issue and is currently in for repair and I just didn't feel like stopping. I needed the ride.

One funny moment to relate. I had stopped for gas and had just pulled back out on the road. I had seen a Harley go by and he had stopped at the light about half a block away. I accelerated and instantly heard an awful blatting noise. Thought, "What's wrong with the bike?" and got off the gas. Then realized that the HD rider had accelerated at exactly the same time and his bike was louder than mine. That is saying something--my SV has a Scorpion slip-on exhaust on it--PO installed it.

Moment of relief and than back to the riding. Laughed in my helmet at that one.

Everybody keep the rubber side down.
radianrider is offline   Reply With Quote