View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #8
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
La Seu D'Urgell-Torla

I leave La Seu D'urgell early in the morning. My final destination for the day was a town called Ainsa but I arrive there earlier then planned so I continue driving and stay in a mountain town called Torla. I am glad about that choice because Torla was a magnificent place. I drive total of 350 kms today. I usually drive 500 kms per day in trips like that (that's what I did in the Alps in 2003!) but I realize that everything is kind of slower in Pyrenees and I got affected by that I guess, not bad really There are less motorcyclists compared to Alps. I found road conditions better than I expected. Spain has spent significant amount of money to fix these roads for sure, thanks to EU? I follow the road N260 since it looked the most curvey one.

Peaks of Pyrenees come closer

I increase the speed, want to reach mountains ASAP. mountains+curvey roads=happy Ahmet

Suddenly small and nice villages pop up on the scene. I really enjoy this randomnes, in a sense feels more natural than Alps.

Finally, I arrived to a high ground. Cold mountain breeze tells me that it's high up. Time to take a memory picture.

After each uphill comes a downhill A nice valley is ahead of me. Perfect spot to take my traditional reflectyourselfinthemirror shot

My next destination is a town called Ainsa. I read that its old town is worth to see so I drive up to check it out. The old town has some of its surrounding walls still intact. A shot from the wall.

A typical spanish style townsquare

Narrow streets of Aisla

full of nice details

I eat lunch in Ainsa and continue my ride towards Torla.

to be continued....

viatormundi screwed with this post 03-08-2006 at 03:51 PM
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote