View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #43
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,786
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hi lmychajluk. You're definitely not the only one wondering about the back protectors. We're out of stock because we had to switch manufacturers rather suddenly and unexpectedly (due to issues on the manufacturer's side), and production came to a halt. We quickly started looking for an new manufacturer, but it took a bit of time and so now we're playing catch-up.

Fingers are crossed that we'll see something by late June or early July!
REV'IT!
Ok, what does that mean? Is Tryonic no longer going to be the manufacturer of the armor upgrades?

I just received my Sand 2 pants, purchased via MotorcycleGear.com and, I suspect based on the tracking info, shipped direct from the Rev'It warehouse in/near NYC. After about an hour of trying to insert the Tryonic Seesoft hip pads, I went to the 'net and found a note on Revzilla's site that there was a change to the '2014' version of some Rev'It pants (link), and only those pants that have the Tryonic label will fit these hip pads. The pants I received do not have this label. I should note that some vendors are including notes that Rev'It no longer includes the foam pads, but my pants did come with them. So, do I have the 'new' style or the 'old'? I don't really care if I have the old or new, but I do want to be able to upgrade to something better than the included foam hip pads, and something that fits the armor pockets properly. Revzilla's suggestion for the SAS-TEC hip protectors in the link above is off, too, as those are a completely different shape from either the foam pads included with the pants or the Seesoft Type B RV01 pads which are supposed to be the matching size for these pants.

So, do I exchange the pants in hopes of getting another pair with the Tryonic label? Or do I return the now useless Tryonic hip pads because there's a 'new' armor that will be available soon that fits the pockets on these (and other?) Rev'It pants? Am I going to have the same problem finding an upgraded back protector for the Sand 2 jacket?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote