View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #49
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
First, I have gotten nothing but exceptionally good service through Revzilla and REV'IT. I have Tornado jacket/pants, Airwave pants, and Sand 2 jacket/pants. Until recently, I wore the Sand 2 every day since the end of last August. I haven't had any problems with the velcro that another person mentioned, other than a thread coming out that holds it to the jacket, but that's easily fixed.

Hydratex works great, and from everything I've read about other brands of non-Gore waterproofing, it's the only one I trust.

Please don't change the European sizing. There are plenty of brands for overweight people, but very few for those of us who are not overweight. I saw someone saying they have a 42 chest and wears a XXXL Sand 2 jacket that they find a bit tight, and I have no idea how this can be as I have a 41" chest and my size L Sand 2 jacket is the right size for me. A lot of brands leave a baggy butt on someone like me which gets very uncomfortable after 2 hours, so I'm glad to own REV'IT.

Also, I hope the 3 liner system continues. I love being able to put my rain liner in without my thermal liner, I love being able to put the thermal in without the rain, and I love being able to ride with no liners at all. The Tornado was my first set of motorcycle gear, and it taught me that a combined layer is not desirable.

It would be great if knee armor were more adjustable up and down, and if there were some way to cinch the leg in the area of the armor to make the armor fit more tightly. It would also be great to see polyester go away. I understand and appreciate the REV'IT approach of not just making gear that fits and feels like a heavy burlap sack and saying "there, that's safe," but polyester shreds so quickly.

Finally, I wish the gloves had longer palms. To get the wrist straps to land in the right place, I would need a XXXL, but to get everything else to fit right I need an XL. The means I have to buy all my gloves from Alpinestars or Held. That said, I must be a small minority of customer given that all other brands present this problem to me.

ChildlikeWonder screwed with this post 06-11-2014 at 10:27 PM
ChildlikeWonder is offline   Reply With Quote