View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #3363
adverb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

She started life as a brand new 2008 KLR. Rode the piss out of her for about a year and did what every KLR owner does. Add more and more crap in hopes of protecting it. Turns out, a few trips to uwharrie makes just about any crashbar irrelevant. Not to mention having to pick up a heavy bike, with even heavier, pointless steel attached, on the side of a rocky hill, sucks. After a couple of years I started craving a little more power, but absolutely love the KLR. Just the way it handles and feels is better than any other dual sport I've tried. The plastics were already trashed, so I decided to just get rid of everything, and I did. She's 350lbs dry now, and there's nothing on it to worry about breaking. The radiator hangs out there a bit, but I haven't had any issues. If I do I'll swap it for the older/smaller style. I've done every engine performance mod there is, short of port/polish and a big bore. It's as fast as I care it to be for now. It burns oil like crazy, so when it's time to do any serious engine repairs I'll do the bore and port/polish. Great bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adverb screwed with this post 06-13-2014 at 07:05 AM Reason: spelling
adverb is offline   Reply With Quote