View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #97
atwater1
likes to play in the mud

Oddometer: 161
All,

First of all, I am a n00b when it comes to using a gps in conjunction with my motorcycle. I have an iphone 5, which I use for gps on the road, but I am just now experimenting with using it on my mc. I downloaded MotionX, and have been testing it out in my truck before I put it on the bike.

The thing that bothers me so far is that the gps seems "jumpy". What I mean by this, is that the gps only updates my position in about 1 second increments, rather than continuously. When I use my phone to navigate in my truck (using google maps rather than MotionX), my position is continuously updated, so I know my phone isn't problem.

Also for reference, I pre-downloaded the area I was driving in, so I don't think it is an issue with the phone trying to keep up with the maps.

Realistically, I'm not sure if this will be an issue on the bike, because I won't be focused on looking at the gps, but rather just occasionally looking at it to stay on track...but it still bothers me.

Any thoughts on how (or if) I can make MotionX operate more smoothly? I've tried searching google, but I haven't been successful in finding a solution. I did see some discussions of the app being "choppy" earlier in this thread, but that was from 2011, and I didn't really see a solution to it...

Thanks,
Atwater1
atwater1 is offline   Reply With Quote