View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 04:38 AM   #6
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 2,024
It looks interesting enough to prepare a Rally bike for the event

A couple of questions though, to clarify the situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serres Rally View Post
Another update for the main points of 2014, this year is looking to be another fantastic event.
7 days (1 day prologue and 6 Rally days, 1 night at mountain bivouac).
During that stage, is mechanical assistance allowed? Do the support vehicles have to move to the area? Not that I have a support truck, but just wondering if we will be allowed to get any spares that we may need for the bikes.

Quote:
This year some days there will be 2 different routes, one Enduro Rally with trails from the 2008 ISDE, and the second Rally Raid route common with Quads and Cars (seperate roadbooks).
Does this also mean that the heavy bikes will have to go through the Enduro and ISDE routes? I like the idea of it but my body says no

Quote:
Varied terrain will include mountain-top passes and trails, river crossings, difficult abandoned roads dating from the Second World War, muddy sections, fast open terrain, green valleys, technical terrain, stony sections and even sandy river beds.
River beds baby

Quote:
A fantastic paddock/bivouac area, located inside the grounds of the 5 star Elpida Resort, with special rates for competitors and support crews. The bivouac will stay in the same location throughout the race, minimizing
support expenses.
I think that answers my first question . So the night stage will be like a Marathon stage? I have been to Elpida Resort and the fascilities there are just amazing. There are even tours to lake kerkini, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in the area. The lake hosts many kinds of birds, some recorded in the National Red Catalogue, and the tour is just awsome if there is family around and they want to do something during the race event.