Thread: Western Russia
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #28
cvcaelen
Guzzi-rider

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman67204 View Post
We would have overlapped then. I was running around here at that time. I am sure we at least saw each other!

Russian is deffinatly a plus but its not entirely necessary. In the cities you can find English speakers fairly easily. In general look for anyone about 25 or younger and many of them at least have a grasp of English. I think Russia is the land of misconceptions. I have never meet people that were so nice willing to help and giving anywhere before. When I first came people would want to talk but didnt do English, and i no Russian, they would call someone to come over or open a Goolge Translate or just hand signals.

I dumped my motorcycle once about 3 years ago, in Latvia, seperated my shoulder. I was able to make it to the border driving mostly one handed get into Russia and called Okcana. She had some mutual friends, whom I had never meet, that drove 400km one way to come pick me up take me back to Tver and one of them rode my bike there for me. Hell they even brought a doctor along with them when they came to get me! Once in Tver they helped me with some maintenance and storage issues while I healed up.

Ask most anyone who has ben here, particularly outside of Moscow or Petersburg, and I figure most will say it was one of the best trips of their life.
that's what I wanted to hear:
The Russian border is 2000 something Km away from where I live,
so it's a possible destination
cvcaelen is offline   Reply With Quote