View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #42
BRUTSQD OP
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
That lake bed is dry ALL THE TIME, esp this time of year. It might get a little moist in rainy season but... when is that?

There are well worn roads across it - you can see them on Google maps satellite view - and there are signs all over it pointing you to Canon de Guadalupe, even signs in English that say "hot springs."

And it's super nice - grippy soil, not thick and dusty like the road.

When I had gone to Canyon de Guadalupe the first time 10 years ago, it was in a friend's 4x4 truck so we had NO problems flying along. Took the lakebed on the way out.

My trip in February - we went in on the road and I regretted it. I thought it would be "interesting" for my riding companion and after going out on the lakebed, we spent a LOT of time riding around on the lakebed. We went all the way to Tecate on the lakebed!
Dammit!!!! Love the pictures! They look very familiar :) Next time I'll take the lakebed... Admittedly I didn't do the greatest recon beforehand and once I was there I was out of luck for data reception.
BRUTSQD is offline   Reply With Quote