View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #67132
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 871
Kyle and I had a good rain ride yesterday afternoon. The plan was to have dinner in Coshocton we made it to Greer before hitting the first of many rain clouds. Waited a few minutes for the rain to slow made it to Brinkhaven and spent a 1/2 under a picnic shelter watching it rain. Since no one was using the bike trail in the rain we rode it to Glenmont and checked out the flooding. The sun was out so we headed for Killbuck after a few stops to look at the high water it started raining again. The road to Killbuck was closed so we turned around and headed over the hill to Route 62 by now it was raining pretty hard and I gave up on the Coshocton dinner plans. Rode some flooded roads before coming back out on 62. Kyle had never been on Twp. Rd. 28 and with 50/50 tires in the pouring rain it didn't seem like this would be a good time to try it but what the hell we are already wet and muddy so 28 it is. He made it with out to much trouble. When we got to the end he said one of the water holes the water was up to his front fender. We played in the strip mine and the rain was getting harder. After a stop in Stillwell to ring out our gloves we headed home. After a hot shower we took our wet clothes to the laundry mat put them in the drier and had dinner at Trails End. 80 mile ride in the rain to have dinner 3 miles from home.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote