View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #40
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
I think Labor Day weekend is the best date.

As much as I like dispersed camping, I think you should utilize a campground this year so we can have a campfire.

Maybe have easier and more difficult trail options. I'd love to test out my 410 lb bike shod in knobbies on some moderate trails, and maybe borrow Kimberly's DR350 for the extreme stuff? She doesn't have a lot of riding experience, so she'd probably do the big bike ride on the 350.
So far late Aug or early Sept is looking good. Labor Day sounds great from the three day weekend standpoint, but I wonder how many people already have other plans/commitments. Dispersed vs. campground gets tricky. As dry as this year has been, there's no guarantee that even a campground will allow fires. And there's the cost. (Too) many campgrounds are now "managed" by the California Land Management company, $28 a night for 6 persons in a space, which includes one vehicle/two motorcycles. $7 for each additional vehicle/two motorcycles... This will all add up. And a crowded hosted campground where rowdy hooligans will be told to keep it down after a certain time.

I figure I'll let the polls ride for a couple more days, and then start to narrow it down. I definitely think the idea of multiple rides for different skill levels and terrain sounds good. Can you believe some of these fools want to ride the Dusy Ershim? They're crazy I tell you...

MV