View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #93
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Is there room for an RV in there? I cant figure out where this is.
Well, before I answer that question, what type of RV? You should be ok with anything less than full on bus type, but some of this depends on your skills driving/parking. If it helps any, over Memorial Day weekend, there was a stretched limo in the space(s) I'm planning on. If, on the other hand, you've got one like the cool MAN truck based expedition RV we saw last weekend at Hume Lake, you'll be fine anywhere.

We're planning on doing some prerunning over the next few weekends, so I should be able to get some good pics/video/GPX files. You can see some of the ~1/3 mile into camp from the paved 9S09 here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post

Sweet bike Herb. it looks like a TW on steroids! Is that a 17"/19" wheel set up?

BTW Matt, count me IN! I think theGrinch and Max too. Dusy/Ershim anyone?
I am looking forward to seeing that bike in person. Glad to hear you can make it Perry. Hopefully the Grinch can make it as well. Am I to assume you'll be driving up (Max doesn't ride does he?)? Long Tall Sally was wanting to know how much we might need a recovery vehicle as it will affect his choice in bikes, what say you? Let him bring whatever he wants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Yes.

I looked at the area using Google Maps with the satellite feature turned on.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.0712...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Basically take Hwy 168 northeast, then turn east on Dinkey Creek Road (paved) just before the community of Shaver Lake. Stay on that for about 11 miles, then make a left on Rock Creek Road (paved). Go about 1/2 mile, and you're in the general area where Hesaid & Shesaid will be setting up.

There are a few dirt roads leading back into the trees on either side of Glen Meadow Creek. You should be able to get the RV in there, or at least within 100 yards of the group.

Watch for signs, though, because they may set up somewhere else in the vicinity.
Yes, High Country Herb does have the location correct. Google won't let me make a map to things off of the "road". I'll get better maps and signs and stuff as we get closer.

Oh, and McKay, are you joining us? Should I add your name to the list?

MV