View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #179
radianrider OP
Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer: 462
Unsurefooting,
Been to most of those, but not Mansfield. Will put it on the list.

Well, happy Independence Day!

Went through a small town called Pittsboro today. Last vehicle to get through before they closed the street for the 4th of July parade. Hundreds of people lining the streets. I restrained the impulse to wave as though I were in the parade until the very end. Saw some kids in their little lawn chairs and waved. They waved back as though I were part of the parade. Ha! Loved it.

Spotted this old gal a few miles down the road. 53,000 original miles.

Always thought those rear windows were cool when I was a kid.

Showed you an old gas station last summer and had spotted this old church out behind it. Didn't have time to shoot it then, so had an excuse to go back.

The view south from the church parking lot was not all bad.

Went on into Lebanon, IN and hit a second parade. Figured it was a sign that I was supposed to post a few pics.
Street ballet.

An unusual tank--as I recall something similar was used just before D-Day to fool the Germans into thinking the Allies were massing an army in a different spot.

Ya' know...I'm not real sure about this one. I saw that it won second place in the commercial division.

Spotted this abandoned school on the way back home. Not far from the church--just the other side of the road.

Built in 1927

I needed a longer lens than my point-n-shoot has to really get some good shots. Posted No Trespassing.

The abandoned playground was a bit creepy.

Headed home after stopping at the old school. Beautiful day in central Indiana. Hope you are feeling free wherever you are.
radianrider is offline   Reply With Quote