Thread: Western Russia
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #72
milkman67204 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
my goal today was to get close to Tampere. Tampere was the whole reason for this trip. from 4-6 July a few fellow Warrior owners will be there.

I was able to get my tent up and inside just in time!!! About 3 minutes later thunder lightening rain and the hail!

After it was over I went outside to check the damage. nothing torn up on the tent or motorcycle. So I relaxed the rest of the evening knowing I only had about 60km to go until Tampere.

I got to Tampere early wanting to get some shopping done. My buddy told me a few places to possibly pick up some new WATERPROOF gloves. I got to the place at 10:30 but it wasn't open the garage and mechanics were working so I asked how do I get in. They told me it doesn't open until 10. I looked at them pulled my phone out said umm its 10:30. They stared at me like I was an idiot and said no its 9:30. DOH I must of passed over a time zone somewhere and lost an hour.....

Anyways I eventually got a new pair of gloves!

I got some lunch then had time to kill since I just gained that hour lol. Found a place to un roll my tent and let it dry out

I had been having issues with, what I hoped was, my starter switch. Sometimes I would press the start button but nothing happened. So still killing time I decided to take it apart in the parking lot.
This was the inside of the switch housing. I don't know how a bee got in there but I hope he is related to that SOB that stung me on my way to Volgograd a while back.

The switch before and after

Put it back together with a dab of electrical grease and looked like everything worked. About this time everyone started showing up! the main reason for the trip was this meeting of a few fellow Warrior owners!

It was time to go out to eat so we all moved our bikes to the garage. When I started mine the tachometer was dead..... No light on it nothing. Well Ill look into that tomorrow. Started it up parked it and off into the night we all went
milkman67204 is offline   Reply With Quote