View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
ShawnS OP
KTM nOOb

Oddometer: 47
GTA Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
GP Bikes lead times for service are ridiculous - have you considered Mission Cycle in Angus, Apex in Cambridge or even Ready in Mississauga (though I have no idea how experienced Ready is given that they just became a KTM dealer last year)? I am taking my bike into Mission on Thursday for the 1000km service (plus to diagnose a front head "click" when braking, slight coolant leak after riding and hopefully get some kind of heat shield under my seat - the silver foil stuff I've seen here on other threads). My guys at Mission have told me not to worry one bit about the air filter box - I will have a look inside when it's apart on Thursday to see for myself whether or not there is an actual problem / concern...
Hey alongat,
Nice to see another Ont rider on here. I agree - GP wait times are longgg... And it's jaunt to get there. I do trend to trust them as I bought the bike there and they've been with KTM for a long time. I went to Ready on Saturday to check out the service dept. Nice guy - way way closer to home for me - but I was not left with confidence when they hadn't heard about the air box issue and couldn't estimate how long it would take to check it. I have the same pop and click when braking. Had it fixed at first service but it only stayed fixed for 1 day. There is something that needs to be tightened under the triple clamp. I haven't been to mission or apex - but I will be very very interested to hear your feedback after Thursday - and if you're a happy camper I'll give them a try.
Btw - I have the grey and with the standard seat with the foil and it was still a ball roaster. I bought the wings seat cooler and it works as advertised - and I just got the power parts ergo seat (have to get the heating wires installed still) but it seems to help too. The heat is manageable now and doesn't bother me.
ShawnS is offline   Reply With Quote