View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
c1skout OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
We ran back into rain just north of the Virginia line. My bike started sputtering again once the rain got heavy, then it finally shut off completely and I coasted off the road into a parking lot.

It fired right back up and idled fine. I was thinking I might be getting some water inside the points cover, but didn't want to open it up in the rain just to see. With the rain slowed down it would rev normally, so we just continued on our way. We were in rain all through Virginia, then after getting lost and finding our way again we stopped for fuel in Abingdon, that's where I noticed I'd sprung a leaky fork seal.

We travel on, out of the rain at last, and made our way to a Tennessee Waffle House for some health food. With our bellies filled we finally found a campground in Mooresburg. When we pulled up to the gate the owner told us that he had no spots, then when I was about to ask directions to any other places to stay he said "I do have one spot you could probably put your tent, follow me and see what you think" The sight was on a grade but had a level enough spot for the tent, so we were happy to get it. It was getting dark as we set up the tent. We got a good hot shower and spent the evening meeting all the campground locals. Made for a nice night.

Day 2 totals: Petersburg, Wv to Mooresburg, Tn 7am-9pm, 373miles

c1skout screwed with this post 07-13-2014 at 08:50 PM
c1skout is offline   Reply With Quote