View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 05:41 AM   #222
Sundowner OP
Bort

Oddometer: 3,524
I've been trialing Gany's Condo proven Giant Loop Mojavi saddle bag system on the XR. So far it seems to be rock solid - flaps around a bit over big whoops but really isn't noticable during regular riding. Holds on with the rear clips around the back guard and front straps around the frame near the upper gearbox frame area. Have crash tested without issue. Holds my tool roll, spare thin 21" emergency tube, puncture repair CO2 kit, critical spares and room for the 2 litres of water in a bladder. Was going to go to the expense of a water tank equiped bash plate but I can't see a reason to now. Has also resulted in now only needing to carry a 3litre bladder pack with a bit of room for some food bars and bog roll, etc. That's a huge weight off my shoulders, so arm tingles/discomfort while doing long days is gone. Worth considering if you need a simple, affordable solution to gear carrying and this water storage issue.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote