View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #23
NorWis OP
No longer a "Wanna Be"

Oddometer: 260
June 10, 2014

Day 3

We were up early again. Packed up and on the move by 8:30am. Before we left I took a few more photos of the campground as well as the park behind it:

It was still pretty early so no one was out.

This is the showers, restroom and laundry right across from our campsite.

Dylan ready to rock -n- roll!

The park right behind the fence at the back of our site:

We went to a Tim Horton's before we left town. As we were taking our gear off this woman walked up to us and started to plead her case for some cash. She said "I've had to resort to living in a TENT, can you believe it?" Dylan and I looked at each other and said "So are we?". She was not very amused but I gave her a looney to get something to eat.

Once back on the road Dylan started to take some photos:

He likes the shadow photos of the two of us riding:

He also liked the fact that they warn motorcyclists about the grooved pavement:

I like the fact that he is taking an interest in the sights and we get to see these sights from his vantage point.

He also liked the rocks that were along the highway.

He liked them a lot:

Then we got to see some things that I think would be very cool. Your own little island:

We were heading north on the Trans Canada Highway (RTE 11) and went through a very nice town called Temagami. We stopped for gas and went to the local chamber to get a map. It was closed but a young lady in the library had a key and unlocked it and got us a map. Right behind the chamber/library was a float plane:

Nice little town that looked like it was a resort kind of town:

We were going through New Liskeard which is part of Temiskaming Shores. We were a little early for the Biker Reunion but boy were they all geared up for it:

We saw a lot of these little yellow banners all along the streets on the light poles:

We were cruising along pretty fast and it was hard to read the small print on the banners. Then we got to a corner and saw these larger banners. How cool is this?!

They were a fund raiser to "Battle Cancer".

We were getting ready to cross into Quebec!!!

Have you noticed the near perfect weather we were having? That's about to change.

2up to Labrador - Another father/son adventure
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=984421
NorWis is offline   Reply With Quote