View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
c1skout OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Day three begins with more clouds. I snapped a few shots of our campsite and the lake just after crawling from the tent.

A few minutes after I took this picture you could barely see the lake through the fog. The campground owner had told us of a gas station a few miles down the road where we could get a quick breakfast, so we headed there to fill up before heading towards Knoxville. I had a sausage biscuit and coffee health food.

We ran into and out of rain again as we headed into Knoxville, where we were planning to try and find the local Harley store. We detoured around some road construction in downtown Knoxville and got a bit spun around again. We ended up stopping at a place called Tim's garage and got surprisingly good directions to Harley of Knoxville. We were only a few miles away.... but I don't think we'd have just blundered into it.

D's bike was running pretty rich at low speed and he was hoping a new air filter would make it better, and I guess he was running low on laundry 'cause he picked up some t-shirts too!

After the parking lot tune up we headed out of town towards US 129, the "Tail of the dragon".

c1skout screwed with this post 07-11-2014 at 08:22 PM Reason: spelling
c1skout is offline   Reply With Quote