View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
c1skout OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Traveling south from Knoxville US129 eventually splits off by itself and this is when you know it's going to get better.

I was really enjoying myself now. My bottom didn't hurt, my bike was happily thumping along, it wasn't presently raining, and we were heading to one of the nations' premier motorcycle destinations. I noticed a Harley sign ahead and turned in to their parking lot. This was a converted gas station that a dealership is using to peddle mostly dragon themed Harley t shirts. I wandered through their air conditioning for a bit and then sat on a porch rocker while D picked out some more shirts.

Next stop was the Dragon Pitt for an early lunch. I went in for the pulled pork with a sweet tea.

Up to this point I was feeling like we had really gone somewhere, until I noticed the plates from such varied and exotic lands as Minnesota, Utah, and Quebec! Although I enjoyed the pulled pork, I don't think I'd come all the way from Utah for another! It was nice to sit in the shade for awhile and watch the traffic go by. They even have shady parking for the bikes!

I'll call this the "sweet tea effect".

NOW we get to the twisty bits! I knew there were cameras along the road to snap pics as you traveled along, so you could purchase them at a later time, what I wasn't expecting were the easy-up tents on the berm of the road with cameramen imbedded inside. I suppose it doesn't matter how they got them, the important thing is I've got photographic proof that I was dragging my peg... while looking through the corner and staying in my lane .

c1skout screwed with this post 07-12-2014 at 09:35 AM
c1skout is offline   Reply With Quote