View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #724
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,266
The street version of the August American Motorcyclist magazine has an article with comments from the people and organizations that were awarded sound testing equipment as part of an AMA grant. There are quotes in the article from Lobster and myself (Lobajeski and Much).

So far I have been able to run a bunch of sound tests. People are actually pretty anxious to participate just to see where they are at. These have been done on an individual basis or as part of informal riding events.

At a recent informal in Boulder Junction, some folks from the town saw us sound testing and took a few pictures of it. Nice opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to policing ourselves and keeping people within limits.

My experience has been (generally) that many HDs fail and a few racing dirt bikes fail.

It is important for us to keep these meters active at as many informal get-togethers as we can. The clubs are already good about testing formal events. We need to try to work with the people that might never make it to a formal ride and may not otherwise have the opportunity to know where they are at sound-wise.

Increased awareness leads to increased compliance which leads to increase opportunities for places to ride.