View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #27
wilmar13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Bump for more current options... Or reiteration of 7year old advise for 1190adventure service and warranty work.

Just got to LA after a mostly paved tour through rockies, and LA is my new home. My 1190R has a bad oil leak on top of rear cylinder and it appears to be from CCV leaking back through airbox. I have not torn into it yet, but as it is also now harder to start, I fear it has inhaled some dust and is blowing oil into airbox thru blowby because of engine wear.

Hopefully I will find a better simple explanation when I get a chance to tear into it, but if I find a dirty airbox* I need to take it in for leakdown test. Even if not I need to know who the go to dealer is around these parts for future.

*- I will kick myself if it inhaled dirt as I sealed the airbox seam with gorilla tape and made sure stock filter fit well before I set out on trip as this is known weakness. I did not ride in much dust but was exposed to some on dirt roads from opposing traffic, nothing heavy or abnormal for even a street bike. Fingers crossed it is nothing.