View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:03 AM   #30
Random-Water
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
I can't recommend any, but I can say to stay the H E double hockey sticks away from Del Amo Motorsports (Redondo Beach, Long Beach, Costa Mesa) locations. I was there to give a buddy a ride who bought a bike from them (and the super extended warranty).

The Service manager called a customer while we were there and he blamed a leaky brake master cylinder on the way the STOCK lever was adjusted. He told the customer over the phone that he owed them $175 for the diagnostic work (to tell that the MC was leaking???) and that it would be $475 for the part and another $175 labor to install, plus brake fluid and a few other ancillaries, and that the final bill would be around $900!!!!!!!

So my buddies bike is in for a fried R/R. Service Desk jerk starts to give him the 9th degree about what he's done/modified on the bike. HID's? Chain? Sprockets?, etc.. He keeps telling them "nothing, it's like the day I bought it from you". 20 questions later, the service guy starts to say that the R/R won't be covered by the warranty, because there's a power commander installed (Buddy answered "yes" to that 1 of the 20 questions). Buddy proceeds to tell Service Jerk that it was installed when he bought the bike, that they should have the bike/modifications in their system since they serviced it and then sold it to him, and how can he already tell it won't be covered by warranty when he hasn't even looked at the bike to know what color it is.

Now you see why I wouldn't recommend them...
Random-Water is offline   Reply With Quote