View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #23
decooney OP
Enduro Rider

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
I'll be posting the second annual Sierra Buttes ride on GCDSR sometime in September. I can't figure out exactly when until I'm a couple of weeks out.

We had five bikes on the last one. The next one will involve less "getting lost" between Nevada City and Downieville, since I know that area quite a bit better now.

I might list something in August too. I'm not a fan of big groups, preferring 8 or fewer riders, so the ones I schedule won't be "official rides". But we'll get in lots of dirt roads and they're generally big bike friendly.
Thx Scott,
Operative word in this thread was "dual sport". Sold my 450, and replaced it with a 690 intending to shoot for longer backcountry road/dirt road rides. "Big bike friendly" works for me. :) I work with and ride with DrKayak who posts many photos on that other Sac thread. I'm pretty much done with the whole hairy single track and destroy-my-bike-riding-over-impossible-bolders thing, now on the 690. I'll be on the lookout for your posts. Planning a ride with a group of 690s soon with Dr. Kayak and Danny K locals in Cameron Park. I'll let them know about your ride too, or vice versa.
'12 Yamaha FZ8-sold
decooney is offline   Reply With Quote