View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #62
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatedDirtBike View Post
I pull a toyhauler here in CA a lot. A couple pointers that may not be apparent to those originally from free states. You may know this, but here it is...
1> Stay in the slow lane, that's the far right lane , unless passing. If the freeway is at least four lanes wide and traffic is merging onto the freeway, you can roll in the lane next to the slow lane. That's the law. Three lanes wide means slow lane except to pass. Nothing says "Bust Me!" like pulling a trailer in the fast lane or the one next to it. Not to mention pissing off the locals like me trying to get to work.
2> Drive the speed of the truckers. Roll and hide with the herd. They're usually rolling 65 anyway.
3> Be nice to the popo. A smile and respectfull manners will save ya hundreds of dollars!
+1 ,20 plus years Cali towing RV +22' car hauler , pulled over once and warned 62mph ok ,65 ticket.flow with the big rigs....they be knowing