View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #35
ricard OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Great RR Ricard! I liked the last one too! This map is missing a lot of detail including the continuation of HW 23 north from Tehejuanes to south of Canutillo, which is an great curvy paved road and easily he best way to get from Parral to DGO. Save that one for the way back!

There is an epic route west over the Sierra from Fresnillo to Ruiz Nayarit. RW66 will give you all the info you need about it. Feel free to give me a shout if you pass through Durango. I will be here the until Friday and then gone most of next week.

Nice photos of the Santo Nino de Atocha (Plateros). It's a very interesting place and probably the second most important religious destination in Mexico after the Basilica de la Virgin de Guadalupe in DF. The mining Museum in Fresnillo is also a worthwhile visit.

Saludos
SR
SR,

I wish I'd known about Hwy 23. I have the Auto Club, Guia Roja and Garmin maps and none of them agree. Unfortunately I will miss Durango this trip. I enjoyed it immensely last year and my detour to Gomez Palacio for the night was nothing special.

See you on the road,
ricard
ricard is offline   Reply With Quote