View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #95
LrnFzx OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveLee View Post
And one aspect of your story telling that I enjoyed is that you write it from "within", with the eyes of someone for whom it is the daily life, not with the eyes of a tourist. What stroke me the most is when you describe the display of "carne fresca". Fresh meat at the butcher shop, exposed to the sun, air and flies. Normal stuff in Paraguay but that wouldn't "pass the test" in North America. All that you described is the normal life of normal people with the usual normal ordeals. Yes, road are how they are and everyone is used to it. Transportation are what they are. Social and economical structures are what they are. And even the shit pot is what it is...

And now I am trying to wrap my brain around my Father-in-law's perspective of my life in Pittsburgh that is normal to me. I lead or follow on our moto rides and he does some of the strangest things - sometimes I have absolutely zero clue what he is thinking.

But I want to understand him.

And writing helps me understand.

So thanks for reading (and I hope you're reading this on the pot - I don't care where you put the paper.)