View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #11
c1skout OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
We made it into Birmingham's suburbs without issue, then the route we were on turned into a truck route, crossed over some railroad tracks, and ended abruptly. There was a grocery store handy so we accosted the locals and received some directions.

They had one of the new Street 500's on display so I got to look over that for a bit. D bought some more shirts and found out he had no more room to carry them, so he had to stuff them into Jack's bike.

Heart of Dixie H-D was the southern terminus for our trip, from now on we're heading home.

We backtracked towards Barbers.

I hadn't been there but had studied pictures of the display on the internet, so I knew what to expect. I can only say that I was overwhelmed once I finally got to take it all in personally. The grounds themselves are virtually worthy of a trip. Writing this I can understand someone trying to describe the grand canyon.... you just need to go see it. I spent a good chunk of the day in the museum and could honestly have spent 2 more days absorbing it!

I played with a plastic version of this as a child.

It's tough to convey the scale of this museum through photos. And most everything is placed so you can look closely without the hindrance of fencing designed to keep the unwashed masses at bay. Too soon we had to head out and carry on our way.
c1skout is offline   Reply With Quote