View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #337
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
Peje to Petrovak (Montenegro)

My route today took me over a mountain range into Montenegro. I was lucky as it didn't rain (although it had) but it was still chilly.

As you see I was in the clouds approaching the Montenegro border post. It was strange as this would have been 5 to 10 kilometres past the Kosovo post.

At the immigration window, not busy so I was through quickly

So into Montenegro. All I can say is WOW what awesome roads to be riding a motorbike on. Ugly for a car though, over 220 kms there were only two passing lanes. And in that time it was gorges, hills, tunnels, viaducts, tight corners and simply stunning scenery. It was hard to stop for photos but here is an idea of what it was like.

The road heading down, see the tunnel and also road in the valley?

Spot the tunnel through the trees, middle towards the bottom

Awesome (unlike Europe the tunnels weren't lit)

This was an interesting sign as there does not appear to be a road going straight ahead

And just around the corner from that was this one

And mum I don't have a new Leanne taking photos of me, I have learnt how to use the timer. Here I am at my morning stop trying to look cool after running down to the bridge all the time counting the 12 second delay in my head :-)

This is where I am now (Leanne look away!) it is strange to be back amongst tourists and their traffic. There was a 4.5 kilometre long tunnel just before arriving here (tourism is obviously big business along this coast). The water was fantastic after the 5 hour ride.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote