View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #49
live2ridetahoe OP
RN

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buuurrrt View Post
I love this site and how it motivates good folks to get out there and live their dream.

I was on the ride to Mongolia with JoeMotocross and I just wanted to offer my support. Mongolia was one of the coolest trips I have done. I can't wait to go back to that part of the world.

A couple of things.

The old Shineray Mustang. She is a good girl with not a lot of travel in the suspension. There is a max speed you can go on these roads and you will know when you have found it. Plan on not making a lot of miles each day until you get a feel for the bike and the roads. These roads can make a Hard man crumble.

Just one word of caution about dogs in Mongolia. As you enter some town or pass a camp, dogs may run out to greet you. Not all of these dogs are friendly. They can bite so I highly suggest riding boots or thick pants to protect from the knee down. Michelle did get a nasty bite near the end of our trip. It didn't break the skin but left a nasty bruise. There is rabies in Mongolia.

Another word of caution. After this trip you will never be the same. Adventure will now be fixed to your DNA coursing through your veins. You will look at the world through different eyes.

Good Luck Live2ridetahoe. We are behind you.
Hi Buuurrrt!

Thanks for checking in. Your trip with Michelle and JM was a huge inspiration for me.

I would love a bike with a better suspension for the trip. I'm cautiously optimistic about the bike. Maybe we need to get together and figure out how to equip these bikes with a new KTM front end and rear suspension....

I remember Michelle getting bit by a dog on your trip. I'll be careful for sure. I have been warned by a few people about these dogs...

Thanks for following along Buuurrrt and again, thanks for the inspiration. If you can think of any "must see" things, please post here or PM me.

Cheers,

Tahoe
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote