View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 07:36 AM   #341
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Petrovak to Dubrovnik (Croatia)

Not the most enjoyable of rides today, at the start it was hot and there were queues of cars. Montenegro drivers are similar to Kiwi drivers, if there is a slight gap between you and the car in front, well they will have it.

The views were stunning, but due to the above and lack of places to stop I didn't take many photos.

This is just before Kotor. The beaches are gorgeous but I am afraid all of the tourist development is ruining them. Having beaches covered with loungers is not something we are used to back home.

The road to Kotor, a nice windy single lane in places road with people swimming and sunning most of the way along.

The ferry that saves quite a few kilometres. And if you were in the car behind me I am sorry if let the cars alongside us off first, I hope it didn't delay you too much (you were the #%^# who pushed in front of me to buy the ticket weren't you...)

Goodbye to Montenegro, all the immigration guy did was open my passport and stamp it, no looking at it or anything

And hello Croatia. I was cheeky here, it was so hot I didn't want to stop in the sun, I noticed the bus in the bus lane move off so I went there. The immigration guy quite righty pointed out that I wasn't a bus, but I said to him that I was hot. I told him that I would go back to the right line, then he put his hand out and BINGO I was through (after a discussion about his brother living in Melbourne!)

My first view of Dubrovnik

What a gorgeous sailing ship

The view of the walk from where I am staying

Tonight I am doing a 3 hour sunset sea kayak trip. After riding alongside the ocean seeing people enjoying the water I want a turn in it.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.
H Jackson Brown

young1 screwed with this post 07-19-2014 at 12:09 PM
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote