View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #81
ElJefeATX OP
notPirateJohn

Oddometer: 3,228
He pointed his beak at my beak and I won.

The magpies of Alberta and Montana have a death wish. I involuntarily granted this one's wish.

That was this morning. This was yesterday.

I made it to belt Montana and camped at this little Lions Club picnic area. It was a beautiful starry night but lots of mosquitoes and close to the road so lots of traffic as well. And cold. I did not sleep well.

Population 319. Triple that if you include horses. The rodeo is in town. Waitress tells me there's a lot of liability with rodeo now so they've really toned it down.

The Coyote Creek cafe is where it's at.

As you can tell from the signage, they have everything you need.

We pressed on through southeast Montana past Little Big Horn. I skipped visiting the monument because in all honesty it's simply a monument in the middle of hills that look-alike for miles and miles and miles.

Finally, after Billings and Little Big Horn the landscape changed from miles and miles of boring and redundant open prairie to the painted rocks and fractured Earth. Riding through the Custer national Forest was great with lots of nice wide sweeping turns and lots of scenery.
No pictures because the wind was still trying to kill me. But the GoPro's were running and there will be video later.
ElJefeATX is online now   Reply With Quote