View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #3094
alongat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 994
And here are some pictures of my install: 1190 standard, givi crash bars, rigid industries sr series 6" combo led light bar, Piaa crash bar light mounts:

Since the light bar doesn't hang below the crash gaurd, there's no concern with clearance when the suspension compresses - still, it's tucked right under the snout quite nicely and protected, out of harm's way just in case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
Some pictures of what I'm doing will help. I will say though that if you want to use an led light bar of some sort and you want to keep it tucked in and up, you're somewhat limited to 6"-8" in width. If you want a bracket solution that would work with a 6" wide light bar and you're not using crash bars that pass right under the nose like my givi bars, check out blackdog and look at the light kit Kurt has developed using a 6" light bar. You may want to reach out to him to see if he will sell you just the brackets and source your own light. As for the acc wires, ktm is kind enough to provide additional electro connections (one set up front and one set at the rear). The one I tapped into is switched power so when the ignition is off, the acc1 wire goes dead. This is ideal for lighting and I used it to trigger a relay since the amperage rating of that acc1 connection is too low to run the light I'm using. The relay itself will require to be wired to the battery itself for power (with a fused circuit), ground (at the battery or the ground post just in front), I out wire from acc1 and a high amperage 12v output to power the lights themselves. I can provide a wiring diagram if you want...

Here's a link to the blackdog solution:

http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-shop...-r-detail.html
And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!

alongat screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 07:32 PM
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote