View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #133
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxyRdr View Post
I think there are some RCs who wouldn't be able to pass the new skills eval.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiaThunder View Post
I was told by our state program manager, that a number of the current coaches likely won't pass the test. Thought that was interesting.
"Interesting" isn't the word I would use. "Disappointing" or maybe "frightening" seems to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TooMany View Post
Oh come now, it's not that hard. If your average (or even below average) RC couldn't pass, virtually no students could pass.
Personally, I'd be embarrassed if I couldn't, with no practice, pass with a perfect score or any combination of points I was told to accumulate, the same skill test I expect students to pass.

But I know a few here that would probably struggle with it and a couple that might not be able to pass it. Or they might pass, but it wouldn't be pretty. And I mean on a training bike. For our Intermediate (some places, BRC2- basic class for dirt riders that don't need 'here is the clutch" level training), we're expected to ride our own bikes... and I've been told a DRZ400SM is cheating. Usually, I do demos on the FJR1300 or Tiger 800XC, which are easier than the Aprilia.

dwoodward screwed with this post 07-29-2014 at 01:27 PM
dwoodward is online now   Reply With Quote