View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #3080
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,338
Sun !.85 or 2.15 with safety bead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
FYI..... The Sun 1.85 that Zach sealed for me, about a year ago, has given me zero troubles. I run the TKC80 you mounted ( 2009 8GS) at 26 psi in the dirt. It have survived thousands of miles in the desert southwest. It leaks perhaps 1, pr month, and have had no flats, or burbs. It is a great combo.
i KNOW Sun comes in 2.15 x21 for sure....it's news to me that the 1.85 was machined with safety bead...

Look folks...FYI we have sealed numerous 21 rims with no safety beads...almost all for X-country racers who dig the rapid way ya can swap a tire...AND that rapid way will usually lead to instant deflation and all the issues ya get with a tire running amok on your rim...AND then again it's really not much different than running a tube type set-up and experiencing a blow-out...

FYI #2...the other issue comes with what tires you mount on the rim and how big the safety bead is...BWOE,,,our beloved TKC-80 in 21TL configuration are so soft and 2ply thin sidewalls..that they slip on and off the tire with nary any effort...NOT something ya want if the tire pressure is too low....

holler Ebrabaek

woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote