View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #3081
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
i KNOW Sun comes in 2.15 x21 for sure....it's news to me that the 1.85 was machined with safety bead...

Look folks...FYI we have sealed numerous 21 rims with no safety beads...almost all for X-country racers who dig the rapid way ya can swap a tire...AND that rapid way will usually lead to instant deflation and all the issues ya get with a tire running amok on your rim...AND then again it's really not much different than running a tube type set-up and experiencing a blow-out...

FYI #2...the other issue comes with what tires you mount on the rim and how big the safety bead is...BWOE,,,our beloved TKC-80 in 21TL configuration are so soft and 2ply thin sidewalls..that they slip on and off the tire with nary any effort...NOT something ya want if the tire pressure is too low....

holler Ebrabaek

woody
LOL... Now ya got me thinking...... Perhaps mine is a 2.15..... Grrrrr.... Bike is in the aircraft hanger, so I cannot check. Either way I dont go below 26 psi in the front, and 28 in the back of the rims Zach build, and they have held up fantaboulistically.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote