View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #2903
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario GS View Post
What are the dual track roads and trails like in the Ashby Lake Rd - Smith Lake Rd - Trout Lake Rd north of Bon Echo, east of Hwy 41 and south of Hwy 28. Does anybody have some good GPS tracks?
Much the same as the rest of that area - range from simple smooth gravel, to ATV type trails, and rougher. The P-D often goes through that area, and I've often ridden through there.

I'm there almost every week this summer so why not join me on my next ride?

I have DS tracks for most of Ontario so I'm sure I can get you what you need.

How do you define "good GPS tracks"? The best source I know for meaningful tracks is DualSportMaps.com. CraftyCoder has a program that analyses the track data (speed, elevation,?) and estimates the difficulty and colour codes each section. My newer tracklogs are all fully detailed (i.e. not filtered to 500 points like the old GPS did) so I think they are good (I make maps from them) but you may not be able to tell whether it's smooth gravel that I rode slowly or a gnarly that I raced through. To me, a good track needs a written description - type of bike used, skill level, terrain type, etc.

However, a picture is worth 1000 words so a while back I started cataloging DS roads and trails and posted them here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1061524...logueSOntario#

Bob
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote