Thread: OLD Riders
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #279
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
Last year I visited my little dual sport in AZ. It had been left there from the previous season when I rode the CDR. On this trip I was struggling trying to complete Camp Creek Wash, which is a big natural drainage that goes about 12 miles and drops some 1500 feet to Rio Verde. I logged onto this forum for tips to help me out. Finally I spooned some fresh knobby's and freshly armed with my tips, I made that wash end to end without any drama.

One of the inmates then invited me to join him and another rider for a trail ride somewhere around Bumble Bee. So I showed up at the agreed spot and pulled off my helmet. After a long pause, the inmate ask's me "How old are you anyway...?"

The day went well, although something called Turkey Creek fairly kicked my ass... I was 64 at the time, but the other rider who joind us was my age too! Of course, he was a lot more skillful than me. But it was a really good day.

I've noticed there are a lot of riders of my generation still doing dual sport charity rides and such. For those that still compete, they even have special classes for us.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote