View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #3
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvG View Post
I only know of Finnlines, who go from Travemunde, Rostock and Gdynia to Helsinki. But contrary to what you seem to think, Helsinki isn't in the Baltics.

Who cares about what a reasonable price is? The prices are listed on their website and if you don't want to pay them, find another destination
Yes, Helsinki is in Scandinavia.

According to their website, Finnlines currently operates only a cargo boat between Gdynia and Helsinki, so passengers cannot use it. They do have ferry services from Rostock or Travemunde to Helsinki. I just checked those a while ago, and they should be starting a special offer for motorcyclists just about now... and IIRC, a basic cabin for two + 1 bike was somewhere around 400 euros one-way, no meals included....... but you really need to check that and all the details from them yourself.

Been four years since I΄ve used any of the ferries in Europe, but at least back then it seemed like ferries between Germany & Finland were more expensive than ferries doing similar distances in the Mediterranean, for example. Me & my GF payed about 250 euros for a 23-hour ferry trip from Palermo, Sicily to Genoa, and we had 1 bike, and a cabin for ourselves, on a brand new boat. Considering this, and the fact that it was already 4 years ago, prices tend to go up, I think that 400 euros from Germany to Finland for two people (having their own cabin) + 1 bike should be “in the ballpark”. Finnlines΄ listed prices can easily be 600-700 for the same service, especially during the high season. Also do note, that you can take a deck seat, that΄ll be much cheaper. And I΄ve never checked, if there are services from Germany or Poland to Tallinn, Estonia, for example.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote