View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #6
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,068
Care to point out all these problems A shade over 19,000 miles and the only thing I have done is oil, filters and a set of tires. Still on the original chain even I must confess the starter relay did crap out on me, but it's the only one I have heard of. The motor is damm near bulletproof.

FWIW I have a friend with the F650gs and I know she spent more on basic maintenance than I did for her first 19,000 miles. I also expect to spend less than what she has by the end of the season when my bike should have close to 40,000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach
After a long span of time without a bike I have decided to return to motos.
Bikes of interest are those mentioned above.
Aside from looks, price, etc. I have been checking the various forums for long term mechanical issues. A quick read of both of the Suzuki forums reveals quite a few issues. More so with the DL650 which is surprising for such a young machine. The F650GS seem to stand up better over time than the other two.
Anyone care to give an "unbiased" opinion.
Thanks all,
Koach
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

http://www.intruderalert.ca

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote